Smears or dull areas in the paint film. The affected areas may feel greasy.
Absorption of wax into the paint film due to:
- Application of wax polish before the paint has fully hardened.
- Excessive or incorrect use of polish or compound.
- Poor polishing technique.
- Storage of wax protected vehicles under hot conditions.
- Allow the surface to harden fully before polishing.
- Use only recommended products, use as instructed.
- Use correct polishing techniques, ensure that the gloss level is even over the entire surface.
- Protect stored vehicles from excessive heat.
Apply a solvent cleaner, followed by polishing with a non-wax polish. Repeat until all wax has been bled from the surface, then repolish.